- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s engagement party: LIVE UPDATES
- Kerala floods LIVE: 194 dead as massive rescue ops underway in Chalakudy, Chengannur; red alert issued in 11 districts
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 1 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: Virat Kohli dismissed on 97 by Adil Rashid
The rupee ran up 23 paise to 67.72 against the dollar at the Interbank Foreign Exchange today as exporters and banks stepped up dollar sale amid higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Besides, weakness in the dollar against some other currencies overseas gave the rupee some muscle, forex dealers said.
Yesterday, the rupee had closed steady at 67.95 per dollar on alternate bouts of selling and buying of the greenback amid persistent concerns over the UK leaving the European Union.
- Rupee plunges 27 paise, hits 1-week low of 68.70 vs USD
- Sensex opens 100 pts higher after GST Council cuts rates; rupee surges 19 paise against US dollar
- Rupee hits all-time low of 69.12 against US dollar
- Market opens higher ahead of RBI policy decision, rupee up by 11 paise vs dollar
- Rupee gains 6 paise against dollar in early trade
- Rupee recovers from 14-month low in opening trade, up 11p against US dollar
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rose 82.32 points, or 0.31 per cent, at 26,485.28 in early trade today.