- Kerala floods LIVE: Kochi airport suffers estimated loss of over Rs 220 crore due to floods
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: Ishant Sharma strikes early to dismiss England openers
- Oppo F9 Pro launch in India highlights: Oppo F9 priced at Rs 19,990; Oppo F9 Pro at Rs 23,990
With Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy waging a war against Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian after targeting Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Wednesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking him if he plans on handing over the Finance Ministry to Swamy.
“Is Modi handing over Finance Ministry to Subramaniam Swamy? He has been claiming that PM has assured him as quid pro quo if he targetted Nehru Gandhi Family,” Singh said in a series of tweets.
He also alleged that Swamy’s real target was not Subramanian, but Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Aircel-Maxis case: Supreme Court adjourns for tomorrow Subramanium Swamy’s plea in case against ED officer
- Swamy’s remarks prove that govt’s economic policies are failure: Congress
- After Raghuram Rajan, BJP more wary; Congress rubs it in
- BJP distances itself from Swamy’s remarks against CEA Subramanian
- FinMin responds to Swamy’s attack: ‘Knew of CEA Arvind Subramanian’s stance on IPR before hand’
- Next on Subramanian Swamy’s list — CEA Arvind Subramanian
Staying true to his promise of training guns on bureaucrats ‘loyal’ to the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said that he wants Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian to be sacked, as he had badmouthed India in the international arena and had also encouraged the grand old party to become rigid on their GST Bill clauses.
Speaking to ANI here after he tweeted against Arvind, Swamy reiterated his salvo he had used against RBI Chief Raghuram Rajan, saying that the CEA was a ‘green card holder’ and was probably not an Indian citizen.
“He used to work in America and he is also a green card holder type. I don’t even know if he is a citizen or not but I’m sure he has a green card. There was this American Congress Committee for pharmaceutical purposes and they held a hearing to figure out India’s opinion on the matter. There he said in a statement that India was not working according to America in this matter and for that, they should be taught a lesson in WTO. How can we can such a person an advisor here?,” Swamy said.
Subramaniam Swami now guns for Arvind Subramanian Economic Advisor to NDA. Target is Arun Jaitley not Arvind Subramanian .
— digvijaya singh (@digvijaya_28) June 22, 2016
Continuing his assault, he added that when Arvind was appointed by the Indian government, he gave a note to the Finance Ministry asserting that the clauses given by the Congress in the GST Bill were absolutely justified.
“I think that such people who can fail our government should be tossed out. Now, it’s been two years and I think it’s about time,” he added.
The senior BJP leader also said that he had a list of 27 people with him and that he will ‘fix’ them soon.
Earlier, Swamy had welcome Rajan’s decision to leave his post as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor on the completion of his term, saying that he had taken such a step in order to save his ‘self respect’.
Rajan had earlier announced that he would return to the academic world at the end of his term on September 4, 2016, adding he will always be available to serve his country when needed and asserted that his ‘successor’ would take the nation to new heights.
Rajan is currently on leave from the Chicago Booth School of Business where he holds the post of Distinguished Service Professor of Finance.