Germany and India are the top countries of origin for most immigrant billionaires, followed by China and the UK, says the Hurun Immigrant Billionaires List 2017. It also states:
* 30 immigrant billionaires from India in various countries across the world
* 13 Indian immigrant billionaires are based in the UAE
* $14 billion is the networth of the Hindujas who are the seventh richest immigrants
* $36 billion is the net worth of Sergey Brin of Google, the richest first generation immigrant billionaire in the world
* $27 billion is the networth of George Soros of Soros Fund Management
Why they turn immigrants?
High local taxes important reason to immigrate from Germany, UK, Italy, Sweden and France.
Women: 30 of the 300 are women, led by Charlene Carvalho, born in the Netherlands, living in London. Most successful self-made female billionaire is ‘Chinese Restaurant Queen’ Peggy Cherng, born in Myanmar, now living in California