Following are the comments of captains of indian industry on Narendra Modi’s impressive victory in 16th Lok Sabha election.
* Hinduja Group Chairman Srichand Hinduja: Modi has a proven track-record of governance in Gujarat and people have reposed enormous faith in his leadership. The election results will lead to political stability, high economic growth and will help revive the investment climate.
* Yes Bank MD & CEO Rana Kapoor: The sentiments are extremely positive, the new Government now must take all measures towards securing economic, social and national mandates for our nation.
* Apollo Hospitals Chairman Prataph Reddy: The new government needs to drastically increase public spending on health and create a roadmap for universal health coverage. An equally urgent need is to make the direct taxes code and GST a reality.
* Suzlon Group Chairman Tulsi Tanti: The BJP led government will provide an environment conducive for growth and investments, with major reforms in infrastructure and renewable energy sector. This is important as India’s economic environment will act as a catalyst in reviving the global economy.
* GVK Power Founder Chairman & Managing Director GVK Reddy: With a strong mandate, the new government will do well and will implement economic policies that benefit the country’s people and its industry. This will create an environment conducive for growth.
* Omaxe Ltd CEO Mohit Goel: I am optimistic that the scenario will improve for the real estate sector. We expect the Government to take cognizance of the long-pending demand of the real estate sector like industry status, incentive for affordable housing and enhanced tax reliefs for homebuyers.
* JK Tyre & Industries Chairman Raghupati Singhania: We hope that the new government initiates steps that has the potential to reverse the current downturn into a growth momentum, which is really the need of the hour.
* Bharat Forge Chairman & MD Baba Kalyani: Market is already cheering and the trend of stock exchange shows, that the economic graph of India will take a new flight. We expect the government to put the stalled projects on a fast track mode, push for better investments and focus on manufacturing sector.