Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his Budget speech on Monday announced an allocation of Rs 87,765 crore for the rural sector. We give you a break down of what the Modi government has planned.
* Rs 2.87 lakh crore will be given as Grant in Aid to Gram Panchayats and Municipalities as per the recommendations of the 14th Finance Commission
* Every block under drought and rural distress will be taken up as an intensive Block under the Deen Dayal Antyodaya Mission
* A sum of Rs 38,500 crore allocated for MGNREGS.
* 300 Rurban Clusters will be developed under the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission
* 100% village electrification by 1st May, 2018.
* District Level Committees under Chairmanship of senior most Lok Sabha
* MP from the district for monitoring and implementation of designated
* Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
* Priority allocation from Centrally Sponsored Schemes to be made to reward villages that have become free from open defecation.
* A new Digital Literacy Mission Scheme for rural India to cover around 6 crore additional household within the next 3 years.
* National Land Record Modernisation Programme has been revamped.
* New scheme Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan proposed with allocation of Rs 655 crore.