Mercedes-Benz has witnessed a huge growth in India in 2014, it has sold over 10,000 units, expanded to over 37 cities across the country and also expanded into the second-hand car market with the ‘Mercedes-Benz Certified’ brand. It wants the momentum to continue into 2015 and has announced that part of this will be achieved by it launching 15 models over the next 11 months.
To help it cope with the demand that will accompany the launch of so many cars, Mercedes-Benz has invested around Rs. 150 Crore into their assembly facility at Chakan, Maharashtra. Most of this funding will go into setting up a new assembly line at the plant, which will help the company double its output to 20,000 units a year.
2014 saw Mercedes introduce its new design language across its model range, and that will continue in 2015 with the launch of the CLS-Class coupe face-lift, GL-Class face-lift (which will be renamed the GLS-Class). The first launch of the year will the new CLA-Class sedan which will the company’s most affordable sedan offering and will compete against the Audi A3 sedan.
Here’s a provisional list of cars that Mercedes-Benz will launch in India in 2015:
1) New CLA-Class compact sedan
2) B-Class face-lift
3) Diesel variants of the New C-Class sedan
4) New C63 AMG performance sedan
5) New CLS-Class 4-door coupe
6) New E-Class cabriolet
7) Viano MPV
8) MLC-Class coupe-SUV – Competitor to the BMW X6.
9) New GLC-Class compact-SUV – Competitor to the BMW X3 and the Audi Q5.
10) GLS-Class – Re-designed and re-badged GL-Class SUV
11) New S-Class coupe
12) Maybach – Mercedes’ flagship brand will be back in the form of an ultra-luxurious S-Class with a longer wheelbase.
13) Mercedes-AMG GT sportscar
Powered by Gaadi.com