scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Sunday, October 25, 2020

public sector banks

PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS NEWS

Bad loans: Govt asks PSBs to look at initiating insolvency proceedings against personal guarantors

August 27, 2020 6:42 pm

In an advisory, the Department of Financial Services has asked Public Sector Banks (PSBs) to consider putting in place a mechanism for monitoring the cases which may require initiation of individual insolvency process before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) against personal guarantors to corporate debtors.

Divergence in avg disbursement under ECLGS: Pvt banks, NBFCs focus on large accounts, while PSBs cater to smaller borrowers

August 16, 2020 12:43 am

Of the total 22.77 lakh loan accounts which received disbursement under the scheme, public sector banks (PSBs) catered to 19.84 lakh crore — or 87.1 per cent of total accounts — while remaining 2.93 lakh accounts — or 12.9 per cent — were served by private banks and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).

Atmanirbhar package: PSBs ‘adequately capitalised’, unlikely to get fresh infusion

June 05, 2020 4:34 am

Many analysts argue that banks, especially state-owned ones, will need significant equity infusion in the medium term as the economic slump resulting from the impact of COVID-19 can potentially create a fresh set of non-performing assets (NPAs).

Public sector banks sanction loans worth 6 lakh crore in two months

May 12, 2020 4:58 pm

With the lockdown coming into effect from March 25, state-owned banks opened an additional line of credit of 10 per cent of the existing fund based on working capital limits, subject to a maximum of Rs 200 crore.

RBI loan moratorium: List of banks offering 'opt-in' and 'opt-out'

April 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Most of India's private sector banks such as HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank have decided to go for the 'opt-in' option for their customers and have asked them to inform the bank in case they wish to opt for the three-month moratorium period.

Public to private

February 21, 2020 7:27 am

Unless government steps up reforms, public sector banks will continue to see erosion in their value.

Bank Strike tomorrow: Public sector banks to go on two-day strike on Jan 31, Feb 1

January 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Bank Strike Tomorrow on 31st January 2020: The bank strike comes after a meeting with the Chief Labour Commissioner remained inconclusive, PTI quoted AIBOC President Sunil Kumar as saying.

Slowdown, high NPAs take toll as PSU banks’ market share sees 4 per cent decline

December 23, 2019 4:50 am

While the share of private banks in total credit rose to 34.7 per cent as of September 2019 compared with 31 per cent in September last year, the share of public sector undertaking (PSU) banks contracted from 61 per cent in September 2018 to 57 per cent by September 2019.

Nirmala Sitharaman to meet CEOs of public sector banks: Liquidity support for NBFCs to be focus

October 14, 2019 6:47 am

The banking system had previously registered single-digit growth of 9.9 per cent in credit offtake in the fortnight ended December 8, 2017.

PSU banks in Odisha to operate from 10 am to 4 pm from October 1

October 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Attending the 156th SLBC meeting here, Debashis Panda, the Additional Secretary in the Union Finance Ministry asked the banks to give priority to credit disbursement in tourism, handicraft and handloom sectors which have been hit by the cyclone Fani.

PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS PHOTOS

Two-day bank strike: As services are hit across India, unions call it 'total success'

May 31, 2018 7:31 pm

The two-day strike across the nation affected banking operations, and caused inconvenience to customers given it came during the month-end.

PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS VIDEOS

Prudence lay in adhering to fiscal targets: Arun Jaitley

February 29, 2016 4:47 pm

New Delhi, Feb 29 (ANI): Finance Minister Arun Jaitley while presenting the Union Budget 2016-17 said they were confronted with stress assets problem in public sector banks. He said that public money should reach the poor and deserving without any leakage. A bill on targeted delivery of financial services using Aadhar is also to be introduced. Jaitley also said that prudence lied in adhering to fiscal targets. He also increased allocation of Rs 1, 80,000 crores under PM MUDRA Yojana. He further added that fiscal deficit for fiscal 2016-17 have been targeted at 3.5 percent. Revenue deficit estimate for Financial Year 2015-16 has been down to 2.5 percent from earlier estimates.