Follow Us:
Saturday, March 06, 2021

Public interest litigation


Mumbai: Protective grilles installed on 85% manholes, rest to be covered by August

July 19, 2018 2:32 am

The corporation said 85 per cent work had been completed and the remaining 15 per cent of protective grilles installation would be completed by August.

Public spaces booked till 2019 by MLAs, PIL challenges Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation decision

May 19, 2018 4:36 am

The petitioner, lawyer K R Koshti, stated in the PIL that such a resolution passed by the civic body “is ex-facie illegal, abuse of power, without authority of law and violative of Article 14 of the Constitution of India (right to equality).”

'Centre has failed to strengthen law on registration of political parties'

March 31, 2018 4:10 pm

The submissions were made in a rejoinder affidavit filed by lawyer and BJP leader Ashwini Upadhyay, in response to the Centre's affidavit filed on March 21.

SC imposes Rs 1 lakh fine on lawyer for filing frivolous PIL

July 10, 2017 8:55 pm

"You have filed a PIL having 160 pages. I read it once and could not understand, and then I read again. What is your problem? We want to know what you are asking for," a bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar said.

File detailed reply to PIL on state of women’s shelter homes, HC tells government

March 17, 2015 3:40 am

This newspaper had reported about the inside story of the state of women inmates after nine girls fled the home.

Centre, state served notices over poor workers’ condition

July 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Around 20,000 migrant workers are engaged in hazardous activities, and proper care must be taken for their health and safety.

HC slams govt for ‘misuse’ of red beacon, orders drive

July 04, 2014 6:18 am

The court’s order followed a contempt petition filed by K B Sanghvi, a resident of Junagadh.

Supreme Court seeks EC response on plea against ward-wise vote count

May 12, 2014 3:40 pm

The petition said, 'The result of every EVM must not be disclosed'.

PIL alleges caffeine content beyond permitted limit in energy drink

February 26, 2014 1:08 am

Through amendments, authority proposes to add caffeinated beverage as an additional category under FSSAI, court was informed.

Ghorpadi Rail Over Bridge: MoD refuses land, irked residents to boycott polls

February 23, 2014 3:03 am

The two ROBs, work order for which was passed by PMC in 2010 at Rs 68 crore, require about 5.16 acres of land- which is under the control of Army authorities.