South Block was waiting and watching Beijing closely — its Monday statement has not been very encouraging, sources said. “There has been no forward movement from Beijing so far. But let’s wait until the deadline,” a source told The Indian Express.
China has again extended by three months its technical hold on the US, France and UK-backed proposal to list JeM chief and Pathankot terror attack mastermind Masood Azhar as a designated terrorist by the UN.
China has been blocking India's move stating that there is no consensus in the UNSC 1267 which enforces a global ban on terror groups and their leaders with affiliations to Al-Qaeda and Islamic State. JeM has already been in the banned list.