Malegaon blast

Malegaon blast News

Malegaon blast case trial: Pragya appears, complains of chair, dust and an infection

Thakur chose to stand through most of the proceedings, complained about the seating arrangement and the cleanliness of the court, and wondered why she was called at all.

Malegaon blast case: Pragya Thakur, others have to appear in court weekly

Pragya Singh Thakur, Lt Colonel Prasad Purohit, Sameer Kulkarni, Ajay Rahirkar, Sudhakar Dhar Dwivedi, Sudhakar Chaturvedi, Major (retired) Ramesh Upadhyay are facing trial for their alleged role in the 2008 Malegaon 2008 blast which killed six and injured 101 people.

Advertising

Pragya Thakur, other Malegaon blast accused told to appear before Mumbai court once a week

The court also rejected an application filed by a victim's father seeking Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) to depute officers to assist the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in court.

2008 Malegaon blast: How did agency, trial court verify authenticity of photocopies, HC asks NIA

The NIA counsel told the court that it will take instructions on the issue and inform the court. The court allowed their request and posted the matter on Wednesday.

Malegaon blast 2008: Accused were using lost SIM card, ATS tells court

While seeking further custody of one of the accused — 30-year-old Avinash Pawar — Chief Public prosecutor Jaisingh Desai submitted that the SIM was found in the possession of co-accused Vaibhav Raut, arrested from Nallasopara.

Malegaon blast case accused claims attack on him, family

Six persons were killed and 101 injured in the IED blast at Malegaon in Maharashtra’s Nashik district on September 29, 2008. Ramesh Upadhyay had been arrested in the Malegaon blast case on October 28, 2008 and was in jail till he got the bail from Bombay High Court on September 26 last year.

Advertising

Malegaon case: SC seeks reply of Maharashtra govt, NIA on Purohit's plea

The Bombay High Court had on December 18 last year dismissed Purohit's plea along with that of Sameer Kulkarni, both accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case

Lt. Colonel Shrikant Purohit gets bail: Tracking the 2008 Malegaon blast case

The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Lt. Colonel Shrikant Prasad Purohit, one of the key accused of the 2008 Malegaon blasts case that killed seven and injured 79.

Malegaon 2008: Secrecy be maintained on court of inquiry papers, says Court

The court has directed that while the prosecution and the accused can use the documents for the purpose of the current case, it cannot be shared with public or the media, says Avinash Rasal special public prosecutor

Sadhvi Pragya seeks discharge from Malegaon blast case

The state Anti-Terorrism Squad had accused Thakur of lending her motorcycle for use in the bomb blast as well as participating in conspiracy meetings for the Malegaon blast.

Malegaon blast Videos

NIA Gives Clean Chit To Sadhvi and 5 Others, drops MCOCA Against All

Terming the investigation of the 2008 Malegaon blasts by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad as being filled with “lacunae,” the National Investigation Agency (NIA) today filed a chargesheet against 10 and dropped Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and five others from the list of the accused. Charges under the stringent MCOCA law were dropped against all the accused […]

Malegaon Blast Case: Mumbai Court Discharges Eight Accused

Ten years after a series of bombs exploded in Malegaon killing 37 people, a special court on Monday dropped charges against eight Muslim youths due to lack of evidence against them. The accused, including two doctors, were discharged by V V Patil, Designated Judge trying cases under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA). – […]

Advertising
Advertising