scorecardresearch
Monday, July 13, 2020

Information and Broadcasting ministry

INFORMATION AND BROADCASTING MINISTRY NEWS

Govt asks TV channels to display title, credits in serials in regional languages too

June 15, 2019 3:07 am

A statement from I&B ministry reads, “It has come to the notice of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting that several Hindi and Regional Language TV channels display the castings/credits/titles of Hindi and regional language TV serials only in English."

I&B Ministry forms committee to regulate online media

April 05, 2018 9:46 pm

This committee will, the I&B Ministry said, “delineate the sphere of online information dissemination which needs to be brought under regulation, on the lines applicable to print and electronic media".

Issue is autonomy

March 02, 2018 12:01 am

Prasar Bharati, accustomed to being leaned on, is pushing back. Government must back off

Officers' body chief, who wrote to PMO on transfers by I&B Ministry, shifted

March 01, 2018 11:06 am

The letter to the PMO said the ministry had issued a number of transfer orders, affecting one-fourth (around 140 officers out of less than 500 Group A officers) of the IIS cadre, in the past two months.

I&B mulls social media hub to get feedback, mould perception

January 29, 2018 5:09 am

The platform will also be expected to provide automated reports, tactical insights and comprehensive workflows to initiate engagement across digital channels, and should enable publishing features to help disseminate information.

I&B Ministry drops S Durga and Nude from IFFI Goa without consulting jury

November 11, 2017 1:55 pm

The I&B Ministry has taken it upon themselves to decide the films that will be screened under the India Panorama Section at IFFI, Goa. They dropped Ravi Jadhav's Nude and Sanal Kumar Sasidharan's S Durga without consulting the 13-member jury.

Government approves revised rates for its ads on TV channels, no flat increase

June 10, 2017 10:12 pm

According to the ministry's 'Office Memorandum', dated June 8, there will be five time bands for news channels, attracting different rates with a 'premium factor'. There will be six time bands for general entertainment channel.

I&B Ministry forms panel on govt advertising

April 12, 2016 2:46 am

The committee will address complaints from the public in this connection.

Students should stick to demand, I&B reconsider, says film scholar P K Nair

July 07, 2015 4:17 am

Nair compared the work of Chauhan, with the work of former governing council members such as Mrinal Sen, Shyam Benegal and Adoor Gopalakrishnan who, he said, were of international repute.

Three members quit FTII governing council: ‘Government is not listening to students’

July 07, 2015 6:18 am

Talks between an FTII delegation and the Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Friday failed to resolve the protests against the appointment of Gajendra Chauhan as chairman of FTII’s governing council.