FDA officials collected 15 samples of dal, rice, milk, and other raw materials used for cooking at the Chembur-based adoption home on December 26, the day five-month-old orphan Khushi died in Zen hospital.
At the behest of the seer, the 35-year old woman of Marathahalli near Sulavadi allegedly arranged for a pesticide and her husband and his friend mixed it in the prasad while it was being prepared, police said.
On Thursday,13 boys and four girls, all from the same section of class VII at Sahyadri Vidyamandir School in Bhandup, complained of stomach ache and vomiting at 11 am, half an hour after rice and dal was served to them.
A mob of anxious parents had gathered at the BMC-run secondary school at 10.30 am to take their kids home. The kids fell ill after they had been given iron and folic acid tablets by the teachers as part of a Union government programme on August 6.
The family claims her health worsened after consuming two tablets on Monday in Sanjay Nagar Municipal Urdu School as part of a weekly drive to prevent iron deficiency under the National Iron Plus Initiative, run by the Union Health Ministry.