According to fire officials, almost 50 customers and 30 restaurant employees were present at the spot when the fire broke out. “The restaurant had one functioning exit... The other exit, which was closed, had to be broken down,” said a fire official.
Regional police spokesman Ale Siljdedic said the injured were taken to hospitals in Velika Kladusa and neighbouring Bihac following the fire at the Miral camp, which is used as temporary accommodation for about 500 migrants.
"Out of the 152 classes that we surveyed, we came across about 7-8 that had a fire safety audit conducted. Given the tragedy that has befallen upon Surat, we have asked them to immediately get their audits done and remain closed until that time," said VMC commissioner.
Smoke could be seen billowing out from the top of the gothic cathedral, as flames lept out besides its two bell towers. The cathedral dates back to the 12th century and is famous for featuring in Victor Hugo's classic novel the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.
Kerala Police on Monday detained five people who were involved in conducting the firework display after a huge fire broke out at Puttingal temple at Paravaur (Kollam District), Kerala early Sunday morning.
Bandit Queen, Fire, Water, Amu, Unfreedom and many more movies have had to face the axe of Censor Board for some or the other reason, but these movies should be watched for the reality they carry. Directors like Shekhar Kapur, Deepa Mehta, Anurag Kashyap, Sonali Bose have taken up real subjects for their film, but unfortunately they could not proceed by showcasing their films for the public.
A 21 year old savvy hairdresser Mohammed Faizan has a unique technique of cutting hair. He uses a candle instead of scissors at his salon. This unusual technique has earned him clients from not just India but from all over the world.
A massive fire broke out in a slum opposite the Bandra Fire Station in Mumbai, gutting at least 60 houses on Tuesday. No casualties were reported, but two women and two children were admitted to a hospital after they fainted due to shock.
An early morning fire at the Kolkata Medical College and Hospital has been brought under control. Ten fire tenders were rushed to the spot and at least 250 people evacuated. But no casualties have been reported.
At least four people were killed, including a 3-month-old baby, and 30 were trapped after a residential building in Ghatkopar collapsed Tuesday morning. Fourteen fire tenders and two rescue vans have been rushed to the spot and rescue operations are underway at the site of the ground plus four-storeyed building ‘Saidarshan’, Chief Fire Officer P […]
At least 20 people were killed, including two Army officials, and several injured after a fire broke out at the Central Ammunition Depot in Pulgaon, Wardha district in Maharashtra. Seventeen Defence Security Corp (DSC) jawans were injured in the blaze, some of them critically, an Army officer said. The area has been cordoned off and […]
Over the six weeks leading up to the Kollam fire disaster, officials at every level recommended denial of permission to the Puttingal temple for the fireworks show, and a day before it, banned the display. The powerful temple administration simply ignored the order, helped along by local politicians with an eye on elections. – See […]