S K Saamy, a Supreme Court lawyer, had sued the restaurant for deficiency in service after he had taken ill with food poisoning after consuming food at the restaurant's branch in Anna Salai, Chennai in 2014.
In his plea, Anklesaria said he had been availing the services of the company since November 1999, and alleged that it had hiked his premium from Rs 7,584 to Rs 13,210, and further to Rs 15,169. upon renewal in the subsequent years.
The complainant and patient, Parveen Singal of Panchkula, had been getting her treatment for breast cancer at the Alchemist Hospital of Sector 21, Panchkula. She said for her chemotherapy, a medicine was required to be injected into her veins
The forum observed that the complainant was diagnosed and treated for dengue and decline in platelets. “It has no connection with hypertension at all. It is a parasite infection infused with the bite of dengue mosquito.”
The forum, after hearing the arguments, observed that the insurance firm has not been able to bring on record any concrete and reliable evidence in shape of any medical test report of the complainant to prove that he was under the influence of liquor at the time of the accident.