June 11, 2021 10:44 am
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said that the condition is difficult for the rescuers and efforts to reach the trapped miners are making little progress.
June 01, 2021 12:21 pm
Jagpal Singh Dhanoa, SP of EJH district, said, “The main culprit, according to the eyewitnesses is the ‘sordar’ Nizam Ali, who did nothing to rescue the trapped labourers. Rather, Ali threatened the survivors with dire consequences and chased them away from the mining site.”
November 27, 2014 12:51 pm
When the explosion occurred, 19 people were working underground out of which 8 workers managed to survive.
May 14, 2014 12:02 am
Energy Minister Taner Yildiz confirmed that a fire had been triggered by an electrical fault and that workers had been killed, but declined to say how many.
October 30, 2011 12:23 pm
A total of 35 miners were working in the Xialiuchong Coal Mine in Hengyang city when the mishap happened.