Carlos Bolsonaro, a Rio city councillor who has guided the president's pugnacious social media presence, is facing a civil and criminal investigation for alleged improprieties in his council office, the state prosecutors' office said in a statement. It added that the probes were sealed.
Brazil's Amazon rainforest has recorded the highest number of fires this year since 2010, drawing an international outcry that the country is not doing enough to protect the world's largest rainforest.
Sá took the helm at TBG in May, according to his LinkedIn profile. Until April, he was chief executive of fuel distributor Petrobras Distribuidora SA, which was privatized in July. He was previously a manager in Petrobras' trading unit.
News broke last week that fires in the Amazon surged to their highest level since 2010 and provoked international criticism that Brazil was not doing enough to protect the world's largest tropical rainforest.
As an increasing number of people, governments, and international forums such as the G7 are now closely observing the environmental catastrophe, fingers are being raised towards the policies of Brazil’s newly elected leader, Jair Bolsonaro.
A massive fire raced through Brazil's 200-year-old National Museum in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, probably destroying its collection of more than 20 million items, ranging from archaeological finds to historical memorabilia.
Facebook has called the arrest of its Latin America vice president “extreme and disproportionate”. The action relates to the messaging service What’s App. Diego Dzodan, an Argentine national, was detained after repeatedly refusing to comply with court orders to hand over data for use in a criminal investigation into drugs trafficking, Judge Marcel Maia Montalvao […]
Director General of the World Health Organization Margaret Chan spoke at a press conference in Rio de Janeiro, on Wednesday, during her official visit to Brazil to assess the situation regarding the country’s Zika outbreak. During the press conference, Chan offered a warning that the Zika outbreak might deteriorate further, “Things may get worse before […]
New Delhi, Jan 08 (ANI): The governments of UAE, Germany and Italy have condemned the terrorist attack on Indian Air Force base in Pathankot in which seven security personnel were martyred."Terrorism and extremism know no borders and no limits and pose a threat to innocent people everywhere around the world. In order to contain the dangerous threat that terrorism poses to our countries and peoples, international cooperation is indispensable," the Foreign Ministry of UAE said in a statement. Although, the UAE assured India of complete support in its fight against terrorism. "We utterly condemn the terrorist attacks on the Indian air force base in Pathankot and on the Indian Consulate General in Mazar-e-Sharif. The responsible parties must be identified and held accountable," Federal Foreign Office Spokesperson said in a statement. Earlier, Italy, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Japan, South Korea, Maldives, Nepal, Brazil and France also condemned the terrorist attack. Six terrorists were neutralised in the terror attack at the Pathankot air base that began in the wee hours on January 1. Seven security personnel were martyred in the terror attack. The conspiracy behind the terrorist attack in Pathankot was hatched in Markaj, Pakistan, as per high-level official sources.