scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Sunday, July 25, 2021

2008 Malegaon blast

2008 MALEGAON BLAST NEWS

Joined conspirators on Army duty: Malegaon blast accused Prasad Shrikant Purohit to HC

January 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Purohit's counsel submitted that he was merely discharging his duties, and therefore, the NIA should have obtained a prior sanction of the Central government to prosecute him.

Pragya Thakur fails to appear before court again

December 20, 2020 2:16 am

"Thakur has been undergoing treatment at AIIMS Delhi since April. She had gone there for a check-up and had to be admitted there on Friday on the advice of doctors following her medical reports," her lawyer J P Mishra said.

2008 Malegaon blast trial: Court to daily hear Malegaon blast case from today

December 03, 2020 10:48 pm

The trial will resume on Friday with the cross-examination of the witness. So far, 138 witnesses and two witnesses whose cross-examination is pending, have deposed before the court.

Plea in court to expedite trial in Malegaon blast case

November 11, 2020 2:48 am

The application, filed on behalf of Sayyed Nisar Ahmed, who had lost his son in the blast on September 29, 2008, stated that the trial that commenced 10 years after the incident is still pending and the victims are awaiting justice.

Malegaon blast case: No effective progress in trial, Bombay HC directs NIA to explain delay

February 26, 2020 4:43 am

BJP MP Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Purohit are among the accused facing the trial.

2008 Malegaon blast case: Victim’s father appeals HC to extend special court tenure

February 12, 2020 11:38 am

The request for extension of his tenure was submitted by Nisar Ahmed Sayed Bilal, the 60-year-old resident of Malegaon who lost his son in the blast on September 29, 2008.

Malegaon blast accused sits on hunger strike, calls it off after meeting district collector

December 12, 2019 5:16 am

A bomb blast in Malegaon in Nashik on September 29, 2008 had left at least 10 people dead and several others injured.

Day after seeking free security, no police guard provided to Malegaon blast accused

November 01, 2019 7:33 am

Residing in the jurisdiction of Pimpri-Chinchwad police commissionerate, Kulkarni is currently out on bail.

Malegaon trial: Court rejects NIA plea for gag on media

October 02, 2019 5:28 am

Allowing the intervention application filed by 11 journalists, including from The Indian Express, Special Judge V S Padalkar said that conducting the trial in a “transparent manner” is among the reasons for rejecting the NIA’s plea.

NIA wants in-camera trial of 2008 Malegaon blast case

August 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Six people were killed and 100 others injured when a bomb strapped to a motorcycle went off near a mosque in north Maharashtra town of Malegaon, about 200 km from here, on September 29, 2008.