Follow Us:
Saturday, April 04, 2020

2008 Malegaon blast case

2008 MALEGAON BLAST CASE NEWS

2008 Malegaon blasts case: Court rejects NIA plea for in-camera proceedings

October 01, 2019 12:47 pm

A group of 11 journalists, including from The Indian Express, had filed an intervention application opposing the NIA’s plea to restrain the media from reporting the trial.

Pragya Thakur exempted from appearing in court

June 16, 2019 12:44 am

Last month, the special court had passed an order directing all the accused to remain present before it at least once a week.

2008 Malegaon blast case: Pragya Thakur seeks exemption from court, plea to be heard today

June 15, 2019 2:19 am

Special public prosecutor, Avinash Rasal, said while the exemption was filed for Thakur on Friday, the court said it can only decide on it Saturday. 

2008 Malegaon blast case: Photographer who took pictures of site deposes as prosecution witness

June 12, 2019 1:33 am

Accused in the case, Bhopal MP Pragya Singh Thakur sought exemption from appearance on Tuesday, stating that she was unwell.

Malegaon blast case: Pragya Thakur, two other accused exempted from court appearance

May 21, 2019 11:04 am

While Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and Sudhakar Chaturvedi said they were “busy with Lok Sabha election results”, Lt Col Prasad Purohit cited personal difficulties.

Malegaon Blast Case: Pragya Thakur seeks exemption from court appearance, cites polls

May 21, 2019 1:58 am

Thakur, who is contesting on a BJP ticket from Bhopal, is one of the seven accused in the case, whom the court had directed to remain present before it at least once a week in an order passed earlier on Friday.

2008 Malegaon blast case: Victim’s father files plea for ATS to assist NIA in trial

May 14, 2019 7:47 am

Bilal, who is an intervener in the trial, has said in his plea that the ATS has not been present during the trial proceedings to assist NIA’s special public prosecutor (SPP) despite having conducted the initial probe.

Clear all hurdles for smooth trial in Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC to NIA

February 05, 2019 7:34 pm

A bench of Justices A S Oka and A S Gadkari noted that over 20 applications and appeals had been filed in the high court by various parties on varied grounds in the case.

2008 Malegaon blast case: Trial to begin on December 3

November 27, 2018 3:59 am

The first list of witnesses includes the doctors, in Malegaon, Nashik and Mumbai, who had treated the injured people and also conducted post-mortems on those who died.

Trial begins in 2008 Malegaon blast case

November 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Six people were killed and over 100 injured when an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle went off near a mosque in Malegaon on September 29, 2008.