1993 Mumbai blasts

1993 Mumbai blasts News

1993 serial blasts: 100 victims, 25 of them dead, remain unknown, CBI tells court

The recent list submitted by the CBI to the special court has names and addresses of 232 who lost their lives and 638 who were injured. Twenty-five of those killed remain unidentified and 75 injured are untraceable, the CBI told the court.

1993 blasts accused Mustafa Dossa travelled with woman on train; criminal offence against police escort team

Court says while police officials were expected to be ‘extra cautious’ with accused, they were ‘extra lenient’

Advertising

1993 Mumbai blasts: Court to pronounce sentence against 5 on September 7

Mustafa Dossa, who was also convicted by the court on June 16 along with the five, passed away on June 28. The CBI has sought death for Merchant, Feroz and Karimullah.

Man held in connection with 1993 Mumbai blasts in UP

1993 Mumbai blasts: Twenty four years after the blasts rocked India's financial capital, Qadeer Ahmed was arrested from UP's Bijnore district, the police officials said.

1993 Mumbai blasts: Taher Merchant opposes CBI’s plea seeking his death penalty

Convict says he did not have control over blast conspiracy

1993 Mumbai blasts case: Special prosecution seeks life imprisonment for Abu Salem

Abu Salem was convicted for conspiring and terror activities. He was booked under the arms and explosives act. Salem was accused of going to Gujarat to receive arms and that he collected nine AK 56 rifles, 100 grenades and cartridges.

Advertising

Who is Mustafa Dossa?

Mustafa Dossa, one of the prime convicts of the 1993 Mumbai blast, was recently convicted by the TADA Court under the charges of criminal conspiracy (Section 120B IPC) and various provisions of the TADA.

1993 Mumbai blast case: TADA court fines convict for not examining witnesses

Feroz Rashid Khan's lawyer Wahab Khan had earlier said he wanted to examine them to establish the 'mitigating circumstances' entitling his client to mild sentencing in the case. However, today he filed an application saying he didn't want to examine the witnesses now and would do it at a later stage.

1993 Mumbai blasts case: TADA court adjourns arguments on quantum of punishment to Abu Salem, others till Tuesday

The court rejected defense lawyer Abdul Wahab's application requesting two weeks time to prepare arguments on the quantum of sentence.

1993 Mumbai blasts verdict, CBSE NEET ruling: Top judgments of the week

Legal Weekly is a compilation of the landmark rulings passed by the Supreme Court and the High Courts of the country in one week. By the end of the working week, read upon the relevant judgments and orders passed by the courts of India.

1993 Mumbai blasts Videos

Sanjay Dutt walks out of Yerwada Jail after 42 months

Pune, Feb 25 (ANI): Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt was released on Thursday morning after spending 42 months in Pune’s Yerwada Jail in connection with the arms case related to the 1993 Mumbai blasts. The 56-year-old, Dutt, walked out of jail around eight months ahead of the completion of his term after a reprieve was granted to him on grounds of his good behaviour. As a semi-skilled worker, Dutt earned Rs 38,000 during his five-year prison term, Dutt was seen with wife Manyata at the Pune Airport after release from the Jail.

Advertising
Advertising