3 Students Die Of Food Poisoning In Huliyar Hostel In Karnataka’s Tumakuru District

Three students of a private international residential school in Karnataka’s Tumakuru district died of food poisoning after consuming rice and sambar in their hostel. Police said a security guard and another student from the Vidyavaridhi International School in Huliyar town are in a critical condition at the district hospital. Police also said that of the 28 students present in the school hostel on Wednesday night, 24 who ate chapattis later that night were unaffected. Huliyar police have registered a case of criminal negligence against the school and hostel management based on a complaint filed by the parent of an affected student.