Islamic State was responsible for the stabbing death of a police commander in front of his home in a Paris suburb Monday night, the militant group’s Amaq news agency said.
As the Seine’s levels gradually lowered, the threat in France appeared to have shifted to the northeast, where feared storms could cause other rivers to burst their banks.
Paris flooding, with the Seine river’s water levels decreasing after reaching their peak, has left the city in a disarray.
The Louvre and Orsay museums were closed Friday as staff work to remove artworks from rooms threatened by the rising waters.
The tragedy had raised fears of a repeat of the bombing of a Russian passenger jet by the Islamic State over Egypt last October that killed all 224 people on board.
Abdeslam is now in a Belgian prison and is charged with attempted murder over a March 15 shootout with police in Brussels.
The blast near the Jardin du Luxembourg was accidental and was traced to a fire that caused a gas stove to blow up, police said.
The three identified suspects behind the twin assaults, which killed 31 and injured 300, have been linked to the Paris attacks last November, underscoring the threat European nations face from the jihadist group.
The girls were arrested Wednesday and appeared before an anti-terror judge on Friday on charges of criminal conspiracy in connection with a terrorist undertaking.
As couples in France bond over a romantic meal, the three Fs, food, flirting and fashion, will once more be in evidence.
French media had said that the man had been carrying the two guns concealed in a bag.
Several of the attackers lived in the Brussels neighborhood of Molenbeek, home to many immigrants of Moroccan descent.
The video shows moments after the assailant was shot down by the police. Sniffer dogs and police with metal detectors were inspecting the body after he was taken down.
Laurent Sourisseau, the newspaper’s director who goes by the name Riss, drew the cover and wrote an editorial describing the horror he survived — and that took the lives of friends and colleagues.
In a statement, the Belgian Federal Prosecutor’s Office said that “about 10 cellphones” were seized and are being examined.