Fire equipment non-functional, notice sent to Andheri building
Two more persons were taken out with critical burn injuries as fire brigade conducted their rescue operations.
Anita (7) is the only child who survived as she had gone to the toilet at the time of the accident.
Eight dead bodies were taken to Indira Gandhi Memorial (IGM) hospital immediately after the fire was doused.
While Mahesh died on the spot, his mother and wife sustained serious burn injuries.
Nearly four to five shops caught fire and the fire department are trying to contain it from spreading to other shops
A call to the Fire control room was made at around 7:15 am and around 10 fire tenders reached the spot.
As many as fifteen fire tenders were deployed to douse the flames at suburban Avadi Poonamallee road.
Two women, a 9-month old boy and two men died in the tragedy while many were injured.
A blaze in a fireworks factory near Ujjain on Saturday killed 15 workers and seriously burned another four.
The owner of the creche jumped off the second floor in an attempt to save herself, leaving the children behind.
Shivajirao and his wife Nirmala were charred to death, two others suffered severe burn injuries.
The fire was doused and the children sent home in another bus.
In the case of the most highrises in Mumbai,developers provide for them only in passages.
The AGCR building where the incident occurred is adjacent to the ITO crossing in Delhi.