“Following a coordinated rescue operation at scene of multiple explosions in both Nyaya and Kuje, which are satellite towns of Federal Capital Territory Abuja, so far 15 persons lost their lives and 41 injured,” NEMA said.
Violence from Boko Haram’s six-year insurgency has left nearly 20,000 people dead and 1.4 million displaced from their homes.
The U.N.’s children agency says 1.4 million children overall are “on the run” in Nigeria and neighboring countries where the group has sown terror in recent months.
The death toll was 26, said Abbas Gava, a spokesman for a civilian defense group.
Boko Haram’s six-year-old uprising has left an estimated 20,000 people dead.
Boko Haram pledged allegiance to IS in March and in June was declared its West African province.
Hundreds have been freed from Boko Haram captivity this year but none of the 219 girls abducted in April 2014 from a school in Chibok were among the rescued.
“Our armed forces and security forces have launched a vast offensive to dig out and neutralise these terrorists on these islands,” Chad army said.
Many Boko Haram militants were killed in firefights with Nigerian soldiers in villages near the northeastern city of Maiduguri
Monday’s was the latest in a spate of attacks that have killed hundreds in recent weeks and spilled across Nigeria’s borders.
The attack took place at around 7.45 pm when a man “threw a bomb” towards a bar in the Ponre district, said a security source.
Residents had asked the military for more protection last week after suspected Boko Haram fighters conducted a raid near the village and stole livestock, said Bachirou Ahmad, another resident.
A Boko Haram suicide bomber attacked a church, a mosque and a restaurant. At least 60 were killed in the string of attacks in Potiskum and Jos.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blasts but Jos has been repeatedly attacked by the Boko Haram Islamist group.
From Syria to Afghanistan, all you need to know about the week that was