Last season in the Ranji Trophy, Saurashtra produced some epic performance’s with the ball. Ravindra Jadeja, the local boy, picked up five-wicket hauls in three consecutive matches in Rajkot. But at first look, the pitch had a green top. Green which helps pacers.
The first Test between India and England in Rajkot is similar. Green. But will it behave like it did in Ranji Trophy? It may as India will look to bank upon the advantage of spin at home. And win toss, bat first the key.
Virat Kohli lost his first toss at home and India lost it for the first time since 2013 at home. England captain Alastair Cook had no problems deciding to bat first. Virat Kohli didn’t mind.
India are going in with three spinners – R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Amit Mishra – which means it will turn later. England have also gone in with thee spinners. India left out Ishant Sharma and picked up Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav in the pace department. This may be for the reverse swing Umesh Yadav can produce with the old ball.
With England playing five left-handers, Ashwin will be rejoicing it. Mishra, on the other hand, has a chance to prove himself in the longer format. He has done it in the past as well.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016