There has been no other Indian captain in history of cricket that has been hit-wicket in a Test match in last 67 years and there is no Indian player who has been hit-wicket in the last 14 years in Test cricket.
Yes, the India captain Virat Kohli had a bizarre dismissal against England in the first innings of the first Test in Rajkot as he stepped on the leg-stump after playing a shot. He stood on the pitch in utter disbelief that he had to go back to the pavillion after being dismissed hit-wicket.
In the 120th over of the Indian innings, leg-spinner Adil Rashid bowled a short delivery to Kohli who pulled it to deep mid-wicket. England wicket-keeper Jonny Bairstow began celebrating after the shot. He pointed towards a fallen bail off the stumps. Kohli, who has a strong pull shot against spin due to his step back in the crease, had stepped on the leg-stump as replays showed later.
Before Virat Kohli, VVS Laxman was the last batsman to be out hit-wicket in Tests for India. He was dismissed against West Indies in 2002. Kohli now also has a record that he is the first player to be out hit-wicket against the same opposition in ODIs and Tests.
India were rocked by two early dismissals on day four of the first Test as Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane returned to the pavillion. India went into Lunch at 411/6, trailing England by 126 more runs.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More