India open their second half of the home leg in Tests against England with the first Test in Rajkot and the hosts are in commanding position at the top of the ICC Test rankings. Placed at number four in the rankings, England are a weary lot after drawing 1-1 against Bangladesh.
The five-match series is an eagerly awaited contest and gives India and skipper Virat Kohli chance to take revenge on the English who had last visited in 2013 and come out 2-1 winners.
India come into the series after triumphing with a 3-0 whitewash over the Kiwis and they were all resounding wins by 197 runs, 178 runs and 321 runs to demolish the New Zealanders with the bat and with the ball.
There are few concerns for India going into the series with the opening slot proving to be bit of a task with injuries playing havoc. On the bowling front, India are well covered in both the seamers department and their ever strong spin attack spearheaded by R Ashwin.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When is the India vs England first Test?
The first Test in the five match series begins on November 9, Wednesday, at the 28,000 capacity Saurashtra Cricket Association stadium in Rajkot. The match will begin at 09.30 AM IST.
Which channel is broadcasting India vs England first Test live?
The first Test in Rajkot will be aired exclusively on Star Sports Network with the content also being broadcast on HD channels. The Test like most India matches will be available with both English and Hindi commentary.
Where will the India vs England first Test be available online?
The first Test will be available to be streamed online on Star Network’s digital property in Hotstar (hotstar.com). It can be watched online on the desktop or through its apps.