Moeen Ali scored his maiden Test hundred on the Indian soil in the first Test match in Rajkot. Ali’s contribution remained pivotal in the middle order, adding 179 runs on the board along with Joe Root. The duo picked up the innings at 103 for the loss of three wickets after a tricky start.
Ali’s valuable Test match hundred frustrated the Indian bowlers as he looked to capitalise on his good form. Ali particularly went after the Indian Spinners and did not let them settle down. This is Ali’s fourth Test hundred against the Asian sides with two centuries against Sri Lanka and one each against Pakistan and India.
Ali is making his mark as a batsman after making his International debut in 2014. Ali seems to have matured over the years, not only as a batsman but also as an off-spinner. He was always pitched as someone who could fill in Graeme Swann’s void.
England were off to a brisk start in the first Test of the five-Test series against India in Rajkot, ending the day’s play with 311 for 4 on the board. Root became the first batsman to score a century on the Indian soil after Michael Clarke in February 2013. Root went on to score 124 after steadying the first innings for the English side along with Ali, who is just one short of a century.
Winning the toss gave captain Alastair Cook an advantage as the pitch looked to favour the batsmen on the second day.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More