Statistical highlights after the end of the second day’s play in the opening cricket Test between India and England in Rajkot on Thursday.
# England (537) have recorded their third highest total vs India in Tests in India – the top two being 652 for seven wickets declared at Chennai in January 1985 and 559 for eight wickets declared at Kanpur in February 1964.
# Moeen Ali has recorded his fourth century in Tests – his first against India – his first three were two vs Sri Lanka and one vs Pakistan. His outstanding 117 vs India is his first century in 21 innings (12 Tests) away from home.
# Moeen’s previous highest score in Tests away from home was 68 vs Bangladesh at Chittagong in October 2016.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
# Thanks to his century at Rajkot, Moeen’s overseas average in Tests is 26.38 – his tally being 475 in 21 innings.
# Ten England batsmen, including Moeen Ali and Ben Stokes, have registered hundreds vs India in India in their maiden Test.
# Ravindra Jadeja (3/86) has produced his best bowling performance vs England in Tests in India – his second best vs England next only to the 3 for 52 at Southampton in July 2014.
# Jadeja enjoys an outstanding bowling average in Tests in India – his tally being 67 wickets (ave 18.02) in 13 Tests.
# Stuart Broad, for the first time in Tests, has batted as number eleven batsman. Just three other batsmen have batted at this position in their respective 100th Test – Makhaya Ntini, Glenn McGrath and James Anderson.
# Ravichandran Ashwin (46-3-167-2) has conceded 160 runs or more for the third time in a Test innings – his worst being 194 runs vs Australia at Adelaide in January 2012.
# Ben Stokes has produced an outstanding knock of 128 – his first hundred vs India and his fourth in Tests – one each against New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and India – all four centuries as number six batsman.
# Before the Rajkot Test, he had recorded three consecutive ducks in his first three outings vs India in Tests in 2014 – 0 at Nottingham and a PAIR – 0 & 0 at Lord’s.
# Jonny Bairstow has amassed 1164 runs at an average of 64.66 in 13 Tests (21 innings), including three centuries and five fifties, extending his record for most runs by a wicketkeeper in a calendar year in Tests.
# Zimbabwe’s Andy Flower and Bairstow are the only wicketkeepers to have accomplished the feat of recording 1000 runs in a calendar year in Tests. Flower had scored 1045 (ave 80.38) in 16 Test innings in 2000.
# Root, Moeen Ali and Stokes have provided the tenth instance when three players from a visiting side have recorded centuries in the same Test innings in India.
# The last instance for England batsmen scoring three hundreds in the same Test innings was vs Sri Lanka at Cardiff in May 2011 – Cook (133), Trott (203) and Bell (103 not out).