Gautam Gambhir retained his spot in the Indian team while KL Rahul failed to make the cut for the upcoming Test series against England. Injuries have hit the top order as the Indian line-up will miss the touch of Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, and KL Rahul. Ishant Sharma, too, has been included in the squad to boost the pace attack against a strong looking English batting order.
All-rounder Hardik Pandya was selected ahead of the crucial Test series which would give him an opportunity to prove his mettle as a Test player.
The team will be led by Virat Kohli with Ajinkya Rahane once again named his deputy. Cheteshwar Pujara was once again trusted to play his role at number three. Wriddhiman Saha will be the specialist wicket-keeper.
Gambhir, who was named as Rahul’s replacement in the New Zealand series, should be happy to get back with the national team after. The battle for the opening spot ended Shikhar Dhawan’s stay in the team as the selectors axed him from the team after a poor run of form.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Here’s how twitterati reacted on the announcement of the Indian Cricket team.
Thank you for your wishes and messages. Keep supporting Team India. Onwards and upwards! #INDvENG
— Gautam Gambhir (@GautamGambhir) 2 November 2016
— BCCI (@BCCI) 2 November 2016
— Boria Majumdar (@BoriaMajumdar) 2 November 2016
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my supporters, family members & the selectors for having faith in me.✌️️#INDvENG
— hardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) November 2, 2016
India squad for first two Tests against England
Virat Kohli (c), Murali Vijay, Gautam Gambhir, Karun Nair, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hardik Pandya, Wriddhiman Saha, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra, Jayant Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Shamra