The umpire Decision Review System (DRS), which BCCI was opposing for long, would be implemented here for the first time on a trial basis when India play their opening Test against England in the coming week. The first Test of the five-match series between India and England is starting from November 9 and Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) is hosting it at SCA stadium Khandheri.
“Decision Review System (DRS) will be implemented during the Test match in Rajkot,” Niranjan Shah, SCA honorary secretary was quoted as saying in a official press release issued by the SCA.
BCCI, after opposing DRS for such a long time has decided to use the system in upcoming Test series against England on trial basis.
“Though it would be on trial basis, this will be first ever bilateral test with all components and technology of the system including the ball tracking system being used during the match as well as the series,” Shah said.
Shah claimed that Rajkot will become the first Test match centre to implement the DRS system for the first time in India.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Team India is arriving here tomorrow while the visitors are expected to arrive in the city next day, Himanshu Shah, SCA media manager said.