Indian cricket team, led by skipper Virat Kohli, arrived here this morning for the first game of the five-match Test series against England, starting at Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) stadium at Khandheri from November 9. Gautam Gambhir, Ishant Sharma, Jayant Yadav and Amit Mishra arrived here around 8.25 am along with Kohli and other team members, SCA media manager Himanshu Shah said.
Local players Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravindra Jadeja have joined the team while Hardik Pandya would come by road and join the team within a couple of hours, Shah said.
Kohli, who turns 28 today, is likely to celebrate his birthday at Hotel Imperial here where the Indian team has been put up. Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma accompanied Kohli, Shah said.
Meanwhile, a large number of cricket lovers gathered at the Rajkot airport with cakes and gifts for Kohli.
However, the Indian skipper headed straight to the hotel alongwith the actress.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched