Chief coach Anil Kumble has laid down a “protocol” that a player recuperating from injury needs to play “domestic cricket” in order to be considered for a comeback in the national team.
In the past, there has been instances of player breakdown in their bid to make a quick comeback post serious injuries.
With Rohit Sharma (quadriceps), KL Rahul (hamstring), Shikhar Dhawan (thumb fracture) and Bhuvneshwar Kumar (back) in the injured list, Kumble feels that “communication with players is key” as one can understand their eagerness to comeback.
“Communication is key in any team activity. Whether doing well or not, communication with injured players is equally important. Having played the game, I know exactly what goes through players’ mind while watching somebody else playing. While he expects the team and that player to do well, it is important to keep all of them in loop,” Kumble said.
He was sad for both Rahul and Rohit, who recently sustained a serious thigh injury which might require surgery.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— BCCI (@BCCI) 6 November 2016
“It is unfortunate that KL Rahul, who batted brilliantly is missing out. So is Bhuvi, Shikhar. And it’s a big blow for Rohit. Specially feel sad for Rohit as he was doing well in Test format. Obviously we all know the importance of Rohit in shorter format.”
Kumble then spoke on importance of being fully fit rather than trying to get quickly fit.
“Timing of injuries is not ideal for them. They realise it’s an occupational hazard. One should not look at coming back quickly. That might not help the individual and also let the team down. I believe in comeback when someone is 100 percent. We are trying to set certain protocols. We want people to play domestic cricket if its happening. Play under pressure before coming back.
“One needs to understand that injuries are part and parcel of a player’s life.”