When the 113th Test match between India and England commences, there will be many records and ranks that can change. While India begin the series as the number one ranked team in Tests, England are currently number four. This can change depending on the result of the series. To keep their number one rank, India need to either win or draw the series. If they do so, they will retain the top spot irrespective of the result of the South Africa-Australia series and the Pakistan-West Indies series. Pakistan are number two in the rankings and Australia are number three in the rankings.
If India whitewash England, they will jump to 112 points from the current 110. A 4-1 series win will take them to 119 points. But if India manage a 3-2 win, they will have 116 points. For India, only a 4-1 win or better will put them ahead of India. A 3-2 win will put them at 108 points.
Of team records, India have never crossed the 600-run mark against England in India. But they have done it thrice in England, highest being 664 at The Oval. England have managed six 600-plus scores against India, highest being 710/7. The lowest for India is the infamous 42 all out at the Lord’s ground in 1974 while England have managed 101, which was at The Oval in 1971.
Among the current players from both teams, Alastair Cook has most runs at 1735. For India, Gautam Gambhir has highest 739 runs against England.
Virat Kohli is yet to lose a Test match at home. It is a similar story for India. After the loss at Kolkata against England in 2012-13, they are unbeaten in 13 Tests at home. Can they continue this record?
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest