The last time India conceded 500 runs in a single Test inning at home – it was England on the batting end. That same situation unfurled in Rajkot on the second day of the opening Test and once again it is England on the batting end.
Moeen Ali might have spent some nervous moments overnight after remaining unbeaten on 99 at stumps on Day 1. Starting off, Ali maintained the statistic of each batsman reaching the 100 run mark after resuming from an overnight 99. He raced off to his first ever ton against India and added plenty of runs to England’s kitty before being bowled on 117 by Mohammad Shami off a straight delivery.
But Stokes continued relentlessly by scoring at a brisk pace in the first innings. He scored 65 from 95 balls in the first session and England added 139 to their tally after losing two wickets.
Jonny Bairstow was also among the runs with 46 from 57 balls and in the post lunch session Zafar Ansari piled on the runs with 32.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Only once before 3 Eng batsmen (Geoff Pullar, Ken Barrington & Ted Dexter) made 100s in same inns in Asia – at Kanpur December 1961#INDvENG
— Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) November 10, 2016
Fine start from India. If they can bat 5 sessions from here, they can’t lose. It is now about batting time.
— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) November 10, 2016
The boys have batted outstandingly! They’re constantly learning and improving. They’ve given themselves a real chance to go 1 up!👌#INDvENG
— James Taylor (@jamestaylor20) 10 November 2016
When you look at Umesh Yadav’s bowling figures,do bear in mind what they might have looked like with a bit more support in the field.
— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) 10 November 2016
England’s batting tail these days is a bit like this. pic.twitter.com/bnzVJzcXmj
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) 10 November 2016
Now India need to score big to keep this Test alive in what is a challenging situation for the Virat Kohli-led team.