The England cricket team led by Alastair Cook arrived in Mumbai on Wednesday from Bangladesh to engage hosts India in a five-Test series commencing at Rajkot on November 9.
The tourists touched down around 3 pm and reached their hotel in South Mumbai two hours later.
This is the sixth five-match Test rubber between the two countries and first in the country since the 1984-85 series between the squads captained by Sunil Gavaskar and David Gower.
It was the very series in which Mohammed Azharuddin created world record with a hat-trick of tons in his first 3 Test matches.
The tourists are to stay in the metropolis for a few days and have one full practise session, scheduled at the Cricket Club of India’s Brabourne Stadium on November 5, before proceeding to Rajkot, venue of the opening clash.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The other games are to be played in Vishakapatnam (Nov. 17-21), also hosting a first-ever Test like Rajkot, Mohali (Nov. 26-30), Mumbai (Dec. 8-12) and Chennai (Dec. 16-20).
On its previous Test tour of India, England came from behind to turn the tables on the hosts and emerge 2-1 victors in a four-Test series. Cook was the England captain then too.
England squad: Alastair Cook (Captain), Moeen Ali, Zafar Ansari, Johny Bairstow (WK), Jake Ball, Gary Ballance, Gareth Batty, Stuart Broad, Jose Buttler, Ben Duckett, Steve Finn, H Hameed, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes.