As the Indian cricket team reached Rajkot for the first Test of the five-match series against England, they were received with great fanfare in the city. The team celebrated captain Virat Kohli’s birthday on Saturday before India began their first training session on Sunday.
The team also had a special dinner at local boy Cheteshwar Pujara’s home on Sunday. The team and the support staff enjoyed “Gujarati cuisine” at his home in Rajkot.
The cricketers thanked Pujara on their social media accounts and Twitter. Karun Nair clicked a selfie with Pujara after the dinner and posted on his Instagram account. In another photo, R Sridhar posted a photo of Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav at Pujara’s dinner and thanked the cricketer for the dinner. In other photos doing the rounds on Twitter, India captain Kohli is seen with Anuskha Sharma at Pujara’s dinner.
India and England play a five-match Test series which begins with the first Test in Rajkot on November 9. This is the second of India’s four Test series at home this season.
Last time the England team visited India, they beat the home team 2-1 in the four-match Test series but since then, India have not lost a single Test series.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
They recently blanked New Zealand 3-0 in a three-match series in which Pujara scored a century in the last match in Indore.