Local SAD leaders had already been extending support to Doda, who was allowed by court to come out of Amritsar jail only to file his nomination papers on January 13.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will declare Amarinder’s name as the chief ministerial candidate when he comes to Punjab to campaign “in the next few days”.
Following the incidents, personnel from the Tughlak Road police station and special staff have been put on the investigation.
Earlier, during the discussion, Vaidya said caste-based reservation in the context of SCs and STs was meant to address historical discrimination perpetrated by “us”.
During the period, there was an increase of 136 per cent in the number of groups searched than the last year.
India must prepare for his buy-American-hire-American protectionism
Political parties are desperately photoshopping the bull image into hoardings, only to invite measured vandalism.
Cites ‘unrest’ to request Supreme Court to delay judgment for a week
In its first two years, the Narendra Modi government cleared over 2,000 projects involving investment worth Rs 10 lakh crore.
Audio clips of calls from people seeking answers go viral on social media, ministers say the govt has a big heart
The post of CBI Director has been lying vacant for over a month following Anil Sinha’s retirement on December 2.
Sources said the safety upgrade will take five years of dedicated approach in “mission mode”.
Within seconds, it was all over, under a screeching mass of metal.
Citing triple talaq, petitioner had sought legal sanctity for canon law
According to party sources, the SP wants to contest about 300 of the total 403 seats, including in western UP where it wants to field Muslim candidates.
Day 3: As thousands protest, AR Rahman, Viswanathan Anand join chorus
Anurag Thakur and Ajay Shirke were sacked as president and secretary of the BCCI following the Supreme Court order on January 2.
As they scrambled to restore order, authorities have stitched together what suggests failure on several counts.
Although Pakistan does not fall under the jurisdiction of the Pacific Command, Admiral Harris said, “The relationship between China and Pakistan is of concern."
Union Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma, the current occupant, confirmed that he has been asked to vacate the duplex bungalow.
Jallikattu ban: Tamil Nadu CM O Panneerselvam will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi today
Jallikattu protest: A group of 50 protesters had gathered on Tuesday morning for a day long protest which later turned into a massive gathering of over 3,000 people.
Jaishankar said “terrorism remains the most pervasive and serious challenge to international security. Developing a serious global response is of the highest priority, yet hard to do.”
Ties between the two countries have hit rock bottom in the wake of attacks by Pakistan-based terror outfits which prompted India to carry out surgical strikes along the Line of Control.
The ministry has circulated a Cabinet note proposing to amend the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act, 1958 to this effect.
Sources in police said they were investigating the possible involvement of “outsiders” and Maoists in the violence.
Sources said efforts were also on to bring Ajit Singh’s RLD, a faction of Apna Dal, JD(U), NCP and even the Trinamool Congress on board to build a Bihar-style grand alliance against the BJP.
Standing outside the Vikramaditya Marg residence of SP patriarch and brother Mulayam Singh Yadav, Shivpal only had a handful of supporters with him.
The measures, some of which are based on recommendations of a committee headed by former Finance Secretary Ratan Watal, are likely to be announced in the Union Budget 2017-18.
Mumbai’s changing voter demographic has now forced the party to woo a larger base in the build-up to the 2017 civic polls on February 21.
After many election promises, work began on a permanent capital in Gairsain 2 years ago but project now awaits funds.
The SP patriarch stunned party workers by declaring he would fight against Akhilesh if he did not shed his “negative approach” towards Muslims.
There are at least 26 Thakurs and 15 Brahmins in the list, too. There are 15 Jats and four Gujjars in the list and all are in western UP.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said 90 per cent of tax assessees below the annual turnover threshold of Rs 1.5 crore will be under the control of states and the remaining 10 per cent will be under the Centre’s jurisdiction.
Officials said that the government also plans to launch an awareness campaign against liquor consumption, organise yoga and meditation therapy centres, and cancel driving licences of those caught for the third time for drunk driving.
This includes the imposition of the odd-even policy if PM 2.5 crosses 300 micrograms per cubic metre (µg/m3) or PM 10 crosses the 500 mark.