A rare necklace, engraved with names of Mughal emperors Akbar and Jahangir goes under the hammer in Geneva on Wednesday by Christie’s, which is also auctioning the world’s largest flawless blue diamond, in a sale expected to total USD 80 million.
Dating 17th century, the seven Mughal engraved spinel bead necklace is estimated to fetch between USD 1,500,00 to USD 2,000,000 at ‘Magnificent Jewels’ sale,said auctioneers.
Mughal emperors were known for their love of precious stones. The tradition of engraving titles and names on stones began with the Timurids, who were the ancestors of Mughals.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Museum of Islamic Art in Qatar exhibits an important necklace with eleven Mughal spinel beads with a total weight of 877.23 carats. Three of them engraved with names of Emperor Jahangir and one with that of Emperor Shah Jahan.
Leading the ‘Magnificent Jewels’ sale is world’s largest flawless vivid blue diamond ‘The Blue’ estimated to fetch between USD 21,000,000- USD 25,000,000.
The diamond leads the 250 lot strong sale, estimated to mop up a total in the region of USD 80 million, Christie’s
The sale will also feature many important coloured and colourless diamonds such as the 5.50 carat ‘The Ocean Dream’- the largest fancy vivid blue-green diamond, the Rajah Diamond’ a 26.14 carat old-mine brilliant-cut diamond and a natural pearl and diamond necklace.