A rare necklace, engraved with names of Mughal emperors Akbar and Jahangir goes under the hammer in Geneva on Wednesday by Christie’s, which is also auctioning the world’s largest flawless blue diamond, in a sale expected to total USD 80 million.
Dating 17th century, the seven Mughal engraved spinel bead necklace is estimated to fetch between USD 1,500,00 to USD 2,000,000 at ‘Magnificent Jewels’ sale,said auctioneers.
Mughal emperors were known for their love of precious stones. The tradition of engraving titles and names on stones began with the Timurids, who were the ancestors of Mughals.
The Museum of Islamic Art in Qatar exhibits an important necklace with eleven Mughal spinel beads with a total weight of 877.23 carats. Three of them engraved with names of Emperor Jahangir and one with that of Emperor Shah Jahan.
Leading the ‘Magnificent Jewels’ sale is world’s largest flawless vivid blue diamond ‘The Blue’ estimated to fetch between USD 21,000,000- USD 25,000,000.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The diamond leads the 250 lot strong sale, estimated to mop up a total in the region of USD 80 million, Christie’s
The sale will also feature many important coloured and colourless diamonds such as the 5.50 carat ‘The Ocean Dream’- the largest fancy vivid blue-green diamond, the Rajah Diamond’ a 26.14 carat old-mine brilliant-cut diamond and a natural pearl and diamond necklace.