Pakistani police on Friday claimed they had uncovered an Al Qaeda network in the University of Karachi by arresting three persons involved in terrorist activities and distributing jihadi propaganda and literature.
CID official Raja Umar Khatab said all the arrested persons were students of the university. The network was responsible for targeted killings, bomb attacks and other terrorist activities, he said.
“There is an Al Qaeda network operating in the university which includes students and some professors. Laboratories were being used to create explosive materials,” he told a news conference.
“We have recovered plenty of Al Qaeda literature, emails, weapons and explosive materials from their possession,” Khatab said. The network operated under the codename “Ahsab”.
Police and paramilitary personnel also busted a weapons and bomb-making factory at Orangi Town in Karachi late last night. Police had earlier displayed a large cache of weapons, ammunition, explosive devices and materials, suicide jackets and rocket launchers seized from the factory. “Explosive devices used in recent attacks in Karachi were prepared and provided from this factory,” Khatab said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016