A newly-wed couple has been brutally killed in full public view by the family members of the girl for marrying a ‘man of her choice’ in Pakistan’s Punjab province.
According to an FIR, Muafia Bibi (23) of Satrah village of Daska tehsil, some 100km from Lahore, married Sajjad Ahmed (27) of nearby village Hasanabad on June 18.
“Muafia eloped with Sajjad on June 18 and they married in the court after her parents refused the marriage proposal of Sajjad,” it said. On Friday, the family of the girl came to know that the couple had returned to Hasanabad. Seven members of Muafia’s family, including her father Dilshad, attacked Sajjad’s house and overpowered the couple and took them to the main chowk of their village.
The FIR further says: “The suspects first subjected the couple to severe torture and then tied up the legs and arms of Sajjad and Muafia. They cut off their heads with choppers in full public view and shouted that they had taught the lesson to the couple for disgracing them. None from the people gathered there dared to stop the killers.”
The suspects fled from the village after killing the couple. However, police today arrested six of them and booked them under anti-terrorism act. Police official Muhammad Shahid told PTI that six members of Muafia’s family have been arrested and they are being interrogated.
Those arrested are Ghulam Rasool (her grandfather), Dilshad (father), brothers (Shamshad and Iqbal) and her mother and a cousin, the official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said the accused had inflicted fatal injuries on the heads and necks of the couple with choppers in full public view. “The accused used small axe to hit the victims’ heads and necks. But the heads were not completely severed from necks,” Shahid said. Jamal, Sajjad’s cousin, said Sajjad had proposed Muafia formally but her parents didn’t agree. He said that after the marriage the couple was reluctant to return to Hasanabad but a family member of Muafia told her that her parents had forgiven her. “But it turned out to be a trap,” Jamal said with tear in his eyes. “Those viewed the gruesome incident have no words to describe it,” he added.