The trial of those responsible for the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in July over Ukraine could be conducted either here or the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague, a top minister has said.
Defence Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said that the Attorney-General’s Chambers is in the midst of determining the best way to obtain justice over the downing of the plane.
“We are now a member of the international criminal investigation committee which should help us get to the bottom of this. (We have good) diplomatic relations with the relevant stakeholders such as the Netherlands and Ukraine,” he said.
Hishammuddin said the Russian ambassador to Malaysia had assured him about Moscow’s commitment to a fair and transparent investigation.
“They (Russia) too, want closure and to find the culprit of the MH17 shooting. This confirmation can help balance the geopolitical turmoil that is currently ongoing between Russia and Ukraine,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
All 298 people on board were killed in the accident. Hishammuddin said the missile used to target flight MH17 on July 17 over rebel held eastern Ukraine was without a doubt a surface-to-air BUK missile, and not an air-to-air missile as suggested by certain quarters.
“But this technology is also privy to the Ukrainians, so it’s best not to point fingers now. At this point of time, black box recordings and shrapnel from the missile are being scrutinised,” he added.