Witnesses and a security official say an explosion hit a bustling market during the morning rush hour in Nigeria’s northeastern city of Maiduguri.
No immediate details were available about the blast blamed on Boko Haram Islamic extremists.
Bomb blasts last week hit the biggest shopping mall in Abuja, killing 24 people, and a medical college in Kano, killing at least eight.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
Boko Haram has attracted international attention and condemnation since its April abduction of more than 200 schoolgirls from a northeastern town who remain captive.
Witnesses said the explosion ripped through the market early Tuesday. A security official at the scene confirmed the blast, saying many casualties are feared. Witnesses spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, and the security official was not permitted to speak to press.