Three people are dead and six more missing in Vanuatu after a cyclone hit the Pacific Island nation.
Vanuatu National Disaster Management Office Director Shadrack Welegtabit said Friday that authorities are flying over the affected northern islands to assess the extent of the damage. He said Cyclone Lusi struck Monday and lasted through Wednesday, much longer than a typical cyclone.
He says there are reports of widespread crop damage as well as flooding and mudslides. He said two elderly people died in separate incidents after being struck by trees and an infant also died after being swept away by floodwaters.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
New Zealand is now bracing for Lusi, which is expected to make landfall in the northern part of the country late Friday.