Chinese army has tested a new type of heavy-duty pontoon bridge on the Brahmaputra river in Tibet during a military exercise.
The bridge was tested at a wartime river-crossing support drill organised by an engineer regiment of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army in August on the Yarlung Tsangpo River (Brahmaputra),according to a report in the state-run People’s Daily online.
During the drill,the officers and men of the regiment conducted the drill on pontoon bridge erection with new-type heavy pontoon bridge equipment.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The new-type heavy bridge equipment adopts modular configuration and its structure can change at any time.
With a great load capacity,the new-type box-type raft of pontoon can ferry heavy weaponry and equipment across great rivers,it said.
Besides,the bridge uses electronic control means,thus its degree of mechanisation and automation improved significantly.
It can effectively solve problems arising from accurate positioning and docking by means of satellite navigation and positioning and fast connection of nano-anchor steel,the report said.