Australia is emerging as a hot tourist spot for Indian travellers with latest data showing an increase of over 19 per cent in tourists arrivals from the country during January-May this year as compared to the same period last year.
According to Tourism Australia, almost 82,500 Indians visited the country from January to May this year which was an increase of 19.4 per cent.
There were 21,700 visitors from India during May 2014 as compared to 17,000 recorded in April.
Currently, India has been placed at the tenth position for being the top source of visitors for Australia.
New Zealand continues to dominate the market by providing greatest number of visitors to Australia with the latest data for the first five months showing over 465,000 tourists visiting from the country.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Over 48,000 Chinese visited Down Under for the month of May alone, bringing the total visitors this year to 376,200, an increase of 13.3 per cent relative to the same period previous year.
Nations like Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Korea were ahead of India in being the top source of tourists sources for Australia.