Dozens of people helped rescue a fellow commuter in Australia by pushing against train carriages to free the man whose foot had slipped between the platform and the train.
Closed-circuit footage released by the Western Australia State Public Transport Authority showed the man lost his footing while boarding the train at a station in the city of Perth on Wednesday.
A passenger alerted railway staff who stopped the train from leaving, local media said. When railway workers realized the man’s foot was stuck in the 5-centimeter (2-inch) gap, they called on other passengers to help.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The footage showed dozens of people rushing to help tilt the carriages to free the man. “It’s really heartwarming I think, to find an incident like this where everyone pitched in,” transport authority spokesman David Hynes said.
The man wasn’t named, but local media reported that he was believed to have escaped injury and caught the next train.