At least 48 militants were killed on Tuesday in airstrikes by Pakistani fighter jets in the country’s troubled northwestern tribal region.
The hideouts of militants in North Waziristan and Khyber tribal areas were targeted in the fresh air strikes.
Cobra gunship helicopters targeted militants in North Waziristan after jets hit their positions in North Waziristan and Khyber tribal regions, a military spokesperson said in a statement.
“Thirty more terrorists were killed and nine vehicles and several motorcycles belonging to terrorists were also destroyed,” the statement said.
The exact place where militants were attacked by gunships was not identified by the army. Earlier on Tuesday, the military said in a separate statement that five hideouts were wiped out in Khyber while seven in North Waziristan.
“Eighteen terrorists were killed in aerial strikes at both places,” it said. Army says terrorist command and control systems were also eliminated.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pakistan had launched operation in North Waziristan in June after militants attacked Karachi international airport. More than 650 militants have been killed so far in the operation with the latest deaths.