At least 48 militants were killed on Tuesday in airstrikes by Pakistani fighter jets in the country’s troubled northwestern tribal region.
The hideouts of militants in North Waziristan and Khyber tribal areas were targeted in the fresh air strikes.
Cobra gunship helicopters targeted militants in North Waziristan after jets hit their positions in North Waziristan and Khyber tribal regions, a military spokesperson said in a statement.
“Thirty more terrorists were killed and nine vehicles and several motorcycles belonging to terrorists were also destroyed,” the statement said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The exact place where militants were attacked by gunships was not identified by the army. Earlier on Tuesday, the military said in a separate statement that five hideouts were wiped out in Khyber while seven in North Waziristan.
“Eighteen terrorists were killed in aerial strikes at both places,” it said. Army says terrorist command and control systems were also eliminated.
Pakistan had launched operation in North Waziristan in June after militants attacked Karachi international airport. More than 650 militants have been killed so far in the operation with the latest deaths.