Authorities say the wife of former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has completed her prison sentence for filing false income tax returns.
Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman Justin Long says Sandi Jackson was released from home confinement on Tuesday. The former Chicago city councilwoman was moved from the Federal Prison Camp at Alderson, West Virginia, last month to complete the remainder of her yearlong sentence.
Sandi Jackson reported to prison last October, two months after her husband completed his 2½-year sentence on a fraud conviction tied to illegally spending $750,000 in campaign money on lavish items like furs and vacations. Both reached plea deals with prosecutors that let the Jacksons stagger their sentences because they have young children.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai