The Kremlin says President Vladimir Putin has welcomed the deployment of armed OSCE observers in eastern Ukraine. Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov spoke after the Russian leader attended the four-way talks in Berlin Wednesday with leaders of France, Germany and Ukraine. They discussed the implementation of a 2015 peace deal for eastern Ukraine.
Watch What Else is Making News
The deal has helped reduce hostilities between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russia separatists that have killed over 9,600 since the conflict erupted in April 2014, but clashes have continued and political settlement has stalled. Russia and Ukraine has blamed one another for the failure to implement the deal.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe has deployed unarmed observers in eastern Ukraine. Peskov said Thursday that details of an armed OSCE mission are yet to be worked out.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016