A consumer watchdog group is set to release its annual list of the most hazardous summer playthings.
The Massachusetts-based World Against Toys Causing Harm, or W.A.T.C.H., says toy guns and other toys that can lead to eye injuries are at the top of this year’s list.
The group is scheduled to present its full 2016 Summer Safety Report on Tuesday at a children’s hospital in Brighton, Massachusetts.
- US: Seven-year-old boy kills self with gun found in box with toy
- Netta Barzilai wins 2018 Eurovision Song Contest for Israel
- Parenthesis: 10 ways to plan a fun and productive summer vacation
- This adorable dog’s favourite paw toy was discontinued; Tweeple got together to find one for it
- Arvind Gupta on taking science to children with toys made from junk for over three decades
- McDonald’s to be sued on Happy Meal toys
The group says the report will highlight what it calls warm weather safety traps and recreational products that parents should keep away from children.
It says more than 2.5 million children are injured in accidents each summer.
The group has released a ”worst toys” list for more than 30 years.